OWU, Delaware Coming Together During Community Day
Ohio Wesleyan University’s Community Day, featuring free admission to Battling Bishop sporting events, including the men’s and women’s soccer games is a chance to reconnect Delaware, Ohio and college campus on Saturday, October 6.
Members of the 2011 national championship men’s soccer team will receive their championship rings during the men’s game, and the first 900 fans through the gate will receive free tumblers commemorating the championship.The complete OWU Community Day schedule includes:
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Free youth soccer clinic for boys and girls ages 8 to14 participating in Delaware Youth Athletic Association (DYAA) soccer. The clinic, with training and tips from OWU coaches and players, will be held at Roy Rike Field, 249 Park Ave. Registration begins at 9:15 a.m., youths must bring completed registration and medical release forms, available from their DYAA coaches. Participants also need to bring their own cleats, soccer ball, shin guards, and water.
- 10 a.m. to noon – Guided tours of newly renovated Stuyvesant Hall residential facility, 223 W. William St. The event will feature remarks at 11 a.m. and light refreshments. Stuyvesant Hall, which opened in 1931, is one of 11 OWU sites on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 11 a.m. – OWU Field Hockey vs. DePauw at Selby Stadium, 45 S. Henry St.
- 1:30 p.m. – Delaware Hayes boys soccer vs. Thomas Worthington at Roy Rike Field, 249 Park Ave.
- 5 p.m. – OWU Women’s Soccer vs. DePauw at Roy Rike Field, 249 Park Ave.
- 7:30 p.m. – OWU Men’s Soccer vs. DePauw at Roy Rike Field, 249 Park Ave.
So head on over to the Ohio Wesleyan campus in historic downtown Delaware, Ohio, and enjoy the community spirit! Oh and Go Bishops!