Flying J Farm Fall Festival Returns to Johnstown September 29
Be sure that you RSVP and send your check for $15 each ($10 for children 12-and-under, 6-and-under are free), payable to Flying J Farm by this Saturday. Here is what we have so far with more to come this week:
- Noon: Gates open.
- 1 – 2 p.m.: Sustainability farm tour – Jensen; How to make sauerkraut – Tom and Beth Adams; Archery for children – James Pack; Fishing contest for children – Pete Wilms.
- 2 – 3 p.m.: Green Cleaning Seminar – Betsy Holmes; Solar Tour – Scotte Elliott; Tour of the woods, wild edibles and medicinals – James Pack.
- 3 – 4 p.m.: Natural Family Planning.
- 4 – 5 p.m.: Dinner including grass-fed beef grilled ribs, hamburger, and brats, potato leek soup, kale salad, vegetable soup. At least four contestants are vying in the rib sauce contest, still waiting for the sweet kale dressing recipe. Dinner is being prepared by the Wilms, the McCutchens, the Volzkes, and the Stischoks.
- 6 – 8 p.m.: Hayride and bonfire – Jensen.
Can you believe you are getting all this for only $15? That is a great deal! Send your check to the Flying J. Farm at 5329 Van Fossen Road, Johnstown, Ohio 43031. Or for more information call (740) 967-4030.