The Summer Harvest Festivial is arriving at the Ottawa Bota Farm this weekend and is a great way to introduce the kids to the farming techniques of yesterday.
Saturday’sÂ schedule begins at 11Â a.m. with field activities,Â barnyard activities kick-off at noon and continue at 1 and 3 p.m. Sunday’s activities begin at noon and continue until into the evening.
There will be numerous pieces of machinery on display during the festival:
- Tractors:Many different makes and models;
- Engines: Stationary, Hit & Miss, etc.;
- Draft Horses: Percherons and Haflingers;
- Tillage Equipment: Plows, Disks, Harrows, etc.;
- Planting: Corn Planter, Grain Drills, Wheat Drill, etc.;
- Grain Harvest: Horse-Powered Ground Hog Thresher, Binder, Reaper, Thresher, etc.;
- Corn Harvest: Binder, Husker-Shredder, Sheller, etc.;
- Mills: Stone Grist Mills, Burr Mills, etc.;
- Hay: Mower, Rake, Tedder, Hay Loader, Stationary Baler, Horse Powered Hay Press, etc.
They will also haveÂ a concession stand on site forÂ everyone to enjoy.
Ottawa Bota Farm is located at 7585 Taway Road (between St. Rtes. 257 and 4 northwest of Delaware) in Radnor.
Should be a good time, see you soon!